Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 91 - Weigh-In Wednesday

Pounds I want to lose --- 100  
Pounds down today ---  0
Total Pounds Lost --- 24
Pounds left to go --- 76


If you read yesterday's post, you won't be surprised by today's results. I was pretty down because when I lost weight several years ago, I had lost more than 20 pounds my first month!! Then my biggest supporter reminded me that I'm a quarter into my 365 day goal to lose 100 pounds and 24 pounds is close enough to a quarter of a 100 pounds to count! So I'm right on track!


Step back.


Re-evaluate.


Okay. Big Sigh. And besides... I gained it all back. I'm doing it differently this time!!


Then I read Jillian Michael's Facebook post from this morning:

"Tip for the day: STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP. Give yourself a break will you. All masters started out as students. You can’t be amazing at something over night. It takes time and patience. The same goes for exercise. Don’t have unrealistic expectations from yourself like running 3 miles next week. Instead, take the time to learn the basics: Proper form for each exercise, build muscle memory, build up your endurance and cardiovascular strength. Remember, Rome was not built in a day and neither is a healthy body."


Thank you! I feel better today!!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing an awesome job! Don't be upset because no matter what you are 24 pounds less than you were before. Like you I am getting back on track and the weight cam off a lot quicker last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement Lisa! Yes, some days are easier than others on this journey. I just have to remember I'm still 2 pant sizes smaller no matter what kind of day I'm having! :)

    ReplyDelete