Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 90 - I've been at this 90 days???

I know this journey I'm on was meant to be more than weight loss, but the scale isn't moving again and I'm getting discouraged. I've watched every season of The Biggest Loser and I see women get up there for weigh-in, week after week, pulling low numbers. And they cry "I don't know what I'm doing wrong?" Waaaaaaahhh, I think .. *Sometimes saying it out loud* .. Obviously you're doing SOMETHING wrong!! Look at Tara or Kim or Hannah or Olivia... they're ROCK STARS and killing it EVERY SINGLE WEEK!

And here I am at day NINETY... 24 pounds down. Really?? Really pathetic.

I talked to my trainer this morning and he did his "It's All About The Inches" song & dance and suggested I throw away my scale.

I threw away all the crappy food in my house. So I think food wise, if I run into a crunch (which sometimes happens to single, full-time working mothers with an hour commute) I will simply skip a meal as opposed to eating something I shouldn't. Even for dinner, it would be so easy to run to Subway, but I've cut out carbs from dinner. Friends don't let friends drive and eat a salad.

Someone tweeted offering advice. So with my recent struggles in mind, I tweeted back. Here was the reply:

"It's more the need to plan based on our goals. If we want to make progress in health & fitness we must make it a lifestyle."


Blink.


Blink.


I'll ask a woman next time.

Maybe things will calm down once school starts and I won't be getting pulled a dozen different directions all at once. I know that sounds like an excuse (sorry last season's BL) but it's the way it is right now. And I'm pooped. I'd rather sleep than eat good or bad!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm 24 POUNDS!!!! I Would be screaming that from the roof tops.... Could you please deliver 24 pounds of fat to your home? so you can look at it all day? and see how amazingly hard you have worked??? You are an inspiration... and a rock star

    ReplyDelete