Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 133 - Weigh-In Wednesday & Successful Weekend

Pounds I want to lose --- 100
Pounds down today --- >>>>> 5 <<<<<
Total Pounds Lost --- 32
Pounds left to go --- 68


FINALLY!! I have a breakthrough!! FIVE POUNDS!! WAHOO!!

I think a lot of it comes from being more mindful of my past week and having a successful weekend!!

I kept the kids around as long as I could on Saturday. We did chores and then sat around playing games. When it was time for them to leave, I insisted they be picked up, eliminating the urge to drive past the wine store! I watched TV until the store was closed. I had resisted! YAY!!
In celebration, I decided to have a splurge dinner.... but I took it one step (<--- Ha ha!!) further! I decided to WALK to get my splurge meal! I put on my walking shoes and headed to the store. Along the way, I was mentally concocting this magnificent splurge meal.
Beef! No... that's too much. Salmon! Ummm. Yeah, Salmon! With a shrimp Bearnaise sauce! Yeah!!! I'll be a little good and get asparagus to steam. (And smother with Bearnaise!) Hmmmm... what else?? Rolls!! I LOVE ROLLS!! Yeah, I'll get rolls!! Garlic rolls!! Dessert? Should I get dessert??
I get to the store, get the Salmon and I already had shrimp at home. Go over to the produce and get the asparagus and a lemon. Get the Bearnaise packet and head over to the bakery. Late Saturday evenings leave much to be desired. The good stuff was gone, so I headed to the freezer section. There were two packages staring at me. Yummy gooey garlic *white* bread rolls and the whole grain ones right next to them! I looked back and forth. Back and forth. Sigh. FINE!! I'll get the whole grain ones and just add garlic at home!! Then I turn to leave and see the ice cream section!! Hmmm... let's just have a peek... I got some Greek frozen yogurt bars.
I walk back home, the whole trip taking me about an hour. Pretty good, I thought. I get the salmon on the  BBQ grill, I'm working on everything else and then realize... I cleaned out my fridge and cupboards!! I have NO BUTTER to make the Bearnaise!! So I bagged it. I wasn't going to go back to the store!!
I enjoyed a yummy dinner of salmon, steamed asparagus and whole grain rolls. I watched a little tv, cleaned up and then went to bed. It wasn't until I went to get some ice cubes the next day that I saw the unopened box of frozen yogurt bars in the freezer...... so much for a SPLURGE meal, huh??? LOL
What I was craving

Closer to what actually happened

OH WELL!!

Sunday, I got all my dinners prepped for the week!! And I felt great!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    It's been a while since I have been on here. Wow! You've lost a lot of weight! 32 pounds is a LOT! That is great! I am inspired. You catapulted past me. I have been going to the gym this whole year and I have actually gained weight! lol... Several people have said that I look "buff", and that feels good but still the pounds are there. I will continue to be inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy!! Did you start out with measurements & body fat %? Sometimes that's the only thing that gets me through the bad scale days! :) I can also feel the difference when like, I'm putting lotion on my arms... I can actually feel something other than fat there!! LOL

    ReplyDelete