Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 12 - Need some tweaking

Last week, I became very irritable. I had just recently pulled myself out of a funk and I felt like I was slipping there again. I couldn't let that happen! I went and checked my daughter out of school on Thursday and we volunteered at a homeless shelter. She always associated homelessness with "Hobos" and was amazed that children lived there. She also didn't understand why they couldn't just go live with family. If she lost her place to live, she would have a list of about 50 family members to call and ask for a place to stay. I tried explaining several factors, an obvious one like no family to turn to, but also deeper ones, such as pride and it wasn't sinking in. We will have to go again very soon!!

On Saturday, I had a reminder in my phone for a Fair that I thought it would be fun to take the kids to. They all had plans. Am I there already?? They're still young! *Sigh*

On Sunday, I didn't sleep well and felt horrible, but I went to church to listen to my kidlets sing me Mother's Day songs. Then I did nothing. Because I felt like doing nothing. But when I felt myself starting to doze off in front of the tv, I got up & cleaned my bedroom. After a recent move, my bedroom has been the most neglected. Stacked boxes everywhere, clothes still in suitcases. But hey, if I haven't taken the time to dig it out by now, I don't really need it. Right?? I threw away a lot of stuff. I'm starting to feel my "oasis" coming back.

I reluctantly went to my parents' for dinner. Not only does my dad not cook the healthiest food, I really wasn't in the mood to hang out with family. They play into that irritable mood I've become so accustomed to. I was the last one to show up, pleased to see my out-of-town brother (unexpected) and less than thrilled with the slice of meatloaf and 3 1/2 beans left. Mmmmmm! Happy Mother's Day! I was then bestowed with flowers, cards and *chocolate* I'm thinking next year needs a little bit more of my involvement & input. Yeah.

My goals for this week are:

* Cut down on coffee consumption, including no coffee after 11am. (I can drink it all day long!!!)
* Try Green Tea - (2) 16 oz bottles per day
* 6-8 servings of fruits/veggies daily

* File and clean off my desk
* Work on a new operations manual

* Buy new batteries for my scale!

Come on!! I can do this!! I'm only on day 12 and they say it takes 21 days to make a habit. NO MORE FUNKS!! Stick with me people! I need the accountability to keep me motivated!! :)


1 comment:

  1. You can do this... Ive seen you do it... Uhhhh we need to get you a belated mothers day meal... because meatloaf is... well... really disgusting LMAO

    ReplyDelete