Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 5 - Baby Steps

BABY STEPS

Income Goal Action: I set-up automatic transfers from checking into savings. I will track it to see if it's enough or if I need to adjust the amount.

Weight Goal Action: I've been using the My Fitness Pal app to track my calories. It counts down, so I know when it's time to stop! I grocery shopped for the whole week, using 2 different stores. So I thought it was a great walking day using my pedometer and I was only at 8,000 steps!! How do people get in 10,000??? It doesn't help that I sit in my vehicle for an hour a day and at a desk for 7-8 hours! (Suggestions welcomed!) For dinner last night, I made chicken, shrimp & asparagus on the bbq grill! **With NO HOLLANDAISE** I used lemon, aren't you proud?? :)

Relationship Goal Action: One kiddo was absentee for the weekend, so the rest of us had tv/slumber party night Friday. Saturday, we did chores & played Guitar Hero. I can't figure out that guitar to save my life. So I sing. I sing badly, but I sing. My best was an 86%!! Wahoo! (Daughter is a 98% and pats my back, "Good job, mom!") HA!! All 3 were gone on Sunday, which gave me time to get my house in order. That always feels nice and will allow me to spend more time with them on weekday school nights!

Time-Off Goal Action: I let my boss know of my goal, of both time-off and income. She knows I am committed to my job and wants to work with me to achieve my goals.

Health Goal Action: That drinking plain water thing is hard!! I didn't get to 8 glasses over the weekend. I reached about 6 or 7. So I have looked up ways to reach my goal with things other than plain water. We'll see how it goes! (Suggestions welcomed!)


So there are definitely things I need to work on. I feel I need to step it up (pun intended) on walking, water consumption and kid time. What I should do is get a new dancing game! I dance, kids get a good laugh, then I drink water to prevent from dying!!! (That works, right??)

1 comment:

  1. You are ridiculously inspiring... I have not half the motivation that you do... Really... And your food choices and recipes are always amazing.... I will throw on my knee brace and we will at least get a few steps in this weekend if it kills us!

    ReplyDelete