Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 13 - A little bit of redemption

So even if my last relationship was beyond toxic, we still have a daughter together. Knowing that I had a less than eventful Mother's Day, my ex invited me & the kids over for dinner last night. He grilled steak & veggies... Zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, onions... Mmmmm much better than the slab of meatloaf & 3 1/2 beans I had the night before! Then I was just going to drink water and he brings out an ice cold Hefeweizen in a chilled glass with a big beautiful slice of orange!! And he gave me a big bouquet of flowers. It's amazing that it takes breaking up with someone for them to think of nice things to do for you!! (This is a man who will only do things out of sheer economic necessity!)

No, Hefeweizen is not a part of my diet. But the emotional boost is enough to make me want to exercise it off today! :)

Thank you Mr. Ex

No comments:

Post a Comment