Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 1 - It's Time To Change!!

After a miserable 2012 start and tired of being unhappy, I got the brilliant idea for 365 days to change my life. That's slow & steady, right? I've been going over in my mind how I would start the blog out, but by starting it, that would mean that the 365 day clock is ticking...  I would have to actually begin my change! You mean I have to really change?!? Change is scary!! CRAP!! What was I thinking?? I'm content being mediocre. I'm content being fat. I'm content moving from day to day looking forward to a glass of wine and bedtime. Why can't my kids just make their own dinner and put themselves to bed around 7:00, 7:30? Is that too much to ask??

So my friend asks me, "What is happiness? Is it an ideal, an idea, a dream? Is there such a thing?"

The 'Half-Full' side of me comes out and replies, "Happiness is letting go of the things we cannot change and taking control of the things we can."

Look at me and my RAH-RAH response!!! I've been to plenty of those seminars, I simply just don't practice what I preach. Okay so,

Things I am going to change in the next 365 days: 
Income; Weight; Relationships; Time Off; and Health.

My current income: Pays the bills, not much else.
What I want my income to be: Savings for emergencies, not relying on credit cards, personal loans, etc.

My current weight: 100 pounds over.
What I want my weight to be: 100 pounds less.

My current relationships: Men, toxic. Children, I'm less attentive than I want to be & only putting out fires.
What I want my relationships to be: Men, I need to be completely alone to work on me. No more hanging on. Children, more uninterrupted concentrated time with them.

My current time off: None. (Business trips are not vacations!)
What I want my time off to be: 2 weeks per year for "me" time and vacations.

My current health: Poor.
What I want my health to be: Higher energy, lower blood pressure and lower weight.

What do I need to give up and change in order to get what I want??

That will be the next post.

3 comments:

  1. I am sooooo crazy head over heels loving this... and you!!! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog. Good luck with your adventure! I know you are still in the beginning...keep going!

    ReplyDelete