Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 23 - I'm A Blessed Mama

I'm starting to reap the benefits of some of my changes. But changes I wasn't expecting. Yes, the scale is moving in the right direction and the jeans are baggy. But since taking the TV out of my bedroom and making the goal to prep for the work week on Sundays, my attention has been focused toward my children. 
**Where it should have been all along**

Instead of the children rummaging through the cupboards & fridge
They have been snacking on apples, pears, cucumbers, celery & carrots all week. We have a big jug with a spout in the fridge, making it easier to just drink cold water now. 

Instead of heading to my bedroom zone out
We eat dinner as a family... at the dinner table!! And I'm the last one to leave. My child looks at me strangely, "What are you doing?" I'm sitting, enjoying my children. "Okaaaaaaaay." They'll get used to it, right? Hopefully I'm not too late!!

Instead of heading to my bedroom zone out
I'm taking my youngest on walks, playing at the park, playing games and I'm giving her more of my undivided attention. It's made a difference with her attitude at school too!

Instead of heading to my bedroom zone out
I cleaned the kitchen last night. I look out the window. One child was mowing the lawn. I look around, another child cleaning. Why couldn't I get them to do their chores before?? DUH!!!

I'm a blessed Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment